Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October Birthdays!

October has been a pretty festive month for the George clan, and is about to wrap up with Halloween right around the corner.

Mom's mouse ears! LOL!
All 50 balloons!
We started off the month with a double birthday celebration with my mom's big FIFTY year birthday party.... and my brother-in-law's twenty fifth birthday on the same weekend. We decided since my brother in law was exactly half my mom's age we would do a 25/50 party and decorate an area of the house for each age. Dad couldn't resist the urge to decorate in black for mom, so he got 50 helium balloons and spread them all over the dining room, and boy was it a sight to see! Katie decorated the windows and doors in the kitchen and dining room in black for mom as well. They chose to decorate the front room and hallway for my brother in law in very bright greens and neon colors from the 80's for his room of the party. Quite the opposite of the dark and drab at the end of the hallway! 

And all 50 candles!
My Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Cheryl made an unexpected visit which was a great surprise! They stayed for BBQ steak and chicken for dinner, and cake and ice cream afterwards. We prepared a special slide show highlighting all the years and events of my mother's life so far, and she LOVED it!!! Overall it was a great weekend. 

This last weekend we celebrated my upcoming birthday as well. Mom made her delicious homemade chicken noodle soup and breadsticks just for me, and we all ate until we were completely STUFFED!!! She also made a cake that I always loved as a child that my Grandma used to make..... and angel food cake flavored with red soda that makes it turn pink, then whipped cream topping and fresh strawberries on top. It was better than I remembered it being, and the best part was that I got to take the leftovers home!!!

My cupcakes!
I got to celebrate my birthday at work too! My coworkers got a cake and decorated my desk, and my dear friend Gerty gave me a pillow pal that is a perfect item to have in the office! Half way thru the work day Ben showed up with a gorgeous bouquet of roses, and cupcakes too!!! I was not expecting a visit at all and it was a great surprise! I also got a gift certificate to a cafe called The Tin Angel that we had never tried, so we went there for dinner. What a great day!

All in all it has been a great month, and we still have both Halloween and my brother's mission farewell coming up this weekend to continue the celebrations! I am looking forward to the upcoming events and holidays, and sharing them with the people I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment