Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Ben!!!!!

Ben and Hercules in their party hats
Today is Ben's 27th birthday!!! I wish I could have made it a little more special for him though. Really sucks being broke all the time. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted or needed so I knew what to get him as a gift, and then he caved at the last possible second and told me he wanted a framing staple gun. Sadly they're too expensive for me to pull that off now.... but maybe soon.


Power Ranger cake!
We both ended up working for a good majority of the day today (sucks being an adult.... birthday's don't matter anymore). I got off work a little early to pick up a special birthday cake, and some ice cream. I was hoping to get him a Bob The Builder or Handy Manny cake (since he's a framer and all....) and scoured the ENTIRE valley trying to find one.... but gave up after 6 stores and settled with good ol' Power Rangers instead. He was surprised both that I came home early, and that I brought him a fun cake, so all was well.


He had mentioned in a Facebook post several days back that he wanted to beat up a piƱata for his birthday, so I got one of those too. He giggled and was as surprised and as happy as a kid on Christmas to see it! He definitely was NOT expecting that! We are going to take it up on Sunday to my parents' house to break it with the family. I can't wait!!!!!


I hope he enjoyed his birthday as much as I enjoyed seeing the surprise on his face with the few small things I was able to give him today! Happy Birthday baby, I love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment